NEW BERN - Alcohol played a role in a crash that happened early Tuesday morning on the Trent River Bridge, according to The Highway Patrol.
An SUV over corrected, overturned then hit a guardrail on the Craven County bridge. The single-vehicle crash was reported around 3:30 am.
Two people were involved in the wreck then transported to area hospitals. The unnamed passenger was ejected from the vehicle.
The names of those involved were not released. Troopers are investigating.
The Trent River Bridge is back open after a car flips-over during an early-morning crash.
A car flipped over on the Trent River Bridge, leaking gasoline Tuesday morning, according to Craven County Officials
The bridge is located near New Bern. The call came in around 3:30 am.
There was no immediate information regarding injuries or damages.
At last check, The Highway Patrol and emergency crews were on scene.
NewsChannel 12 will continue to keep you updated as this story continues to develop this morning.
- Updated Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal
- Gingrich rebukes Trump for late-night Twitter rant
- Clinton improves edge over Trump in new national poll
- Dollar General facing $250K bill over 2 bottles of juice
- Weld 'not sure anybody is more qualified than Hillary Clinton' to be president