CHERRY POINT - People living near Cherry Point can expect to see plumes of smoke above the air station as aircraft rescue fire fighters conduct training Saturday.
According to a release from the base, residents in the area could see smoke starting from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. until the routine training is complete.
The base is asking that no one become alarmed by the smoke coming from the base.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating