CHERRY POINT - People living near Cherry Point can expect to see plumes of smoke above the air station as aircraft rescue fire fighters conduct training Saturday.
According to a release from the base, residents in the area could see smoke starting from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. until the routine training is complete.
The base is asking that no one become alarmed by the smoke coming from the base.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Trump spreads claim that Clinton's 'mentor' was 'KKK member'
- Updated ISIS video shows boys executing prisoners
- Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'