NORTH CAROLINA - The General Assembly continues working toward a new budget by the start of the new fiscal year on July 1, and North Carolina's chief law enforcement officer is watching very closely.
NewsChannel 12's Wes Goforth talked with Attorney General Roy Cooper Friday about some of the proposed legislation and beyond.
Click on the above video player to watch the interview.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday