A Winston-Salem man paid his vehicle tax bill in pennies.
Clyde Freeman said that he got the idea from a fellow activist, who lived in New Hampshire. However, the New Hampshire man paid a property tax bill in one dollar bills.
Freeman walked to his tax office last week with a box full of pennies and a friend with a camera in tow.
Employees at the tax office tried to tell Freeman that he could not record in the office, but he insisted on using his right to video record a public official in a public building.
According to a video on the "Clyde Voluntaryist Freeman" YouTube page, it took more than a dozen office employees almost 40 minutes to count the $117.22 he owed in taxes.
- Trump meets with top US manufacturers
- Updated Uber pleads with users deleting the app: 'We're hurting'
- New York Times ad seeks the truth ... during the Oscars
- Updated Lejeune High School senior named Marine Corps Military Child of the Year
- One Republican congressman's plan to deal with town hall disrupters