A Winston-Salem man paid his vehicle tax bill in pennies.
Clyde Freeman said that he got the idea from a fellow activist, who lived in New Hampshire. However, the New Hampshire man paid a property tax bill in one dollar bills.
Freeman walked to his tax office last week with a box full of pennies and a friend with a camera in tow.
Employees at the tax office tried to tell Freeman that he could not record in the office, but he insisted on using his right to video record a public official in a public building.
According to a video on the "Clyde Voluntaryist Freeman" YouTube page, it took more than a dozen office employees almost 40 minutes to count the $117.22 he owed in taxes.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend