An Albuquerque man faces charges after police say he dropped his 2-year-old daughter on her head and ran when he got caught shoplifting clothes at Walmart.
KRQE-TV reports that 28-year-old Gabriel Ybarra was arrested and charged Monday with child abuse and is now being held on $25,000 bond.
According to police, Ybarra was spotted stealing clothing at an Albuquerque Walmart while with his daughter. When he was approached by officers, police say Ybarra dropped his daughter on the ground but hung on to the stolen merchandise as he tried to flee.
Authorities sat the little girl landed on her head.
It was unclear if Ybarra had an attorney.
- Updated Officer pleads not guilty in Philando Castile killing
- Updated Will Trump get his commerce secretary?
- New One arrested, two wanted in Onslow County break-in
- Lenor County business to add 25 jobs, $4.5 million in investments
- Nunes: 'We still have not seen any evidence' of Trump campaign, Russia contact