An Albuquerque man faces charges after police say he dropped his 2-year-old daughter on her head and ran when he got caught shoplifting clothes at Walmart.
KRQE-TV reports that 28-year-old Gabriel Ybarra was arrested and charged Monday with child abuse and is now being held on $25,000 bond.
According to police, Ybarra was spotted stealing clothing at an Albuquerque Walmart while with his daughter. When he was approached by officers, police say Ybarra dropped his daughter on the ground but hung on to the stolen merchandise as he tried to flee.
Authorities sat the little girl landed on her head.
It was unclear if Ybarra had an attorney.
- Updated 2 men charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin Nykea Aldridge
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Double homicide & fire, Onslow County Sheriff's Office investigates