GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A man wanted for allegedly desecrating almost 100 gravesites was caught in Pitt County, investigators said.
According to the Greenville Police Department, 32-year-old Derrick Dunlow, of Ahoskie, was arrested at a Golden Corral restaurant on Greenville Boulevard at about 8 p.m. Sunday.
Dunlow was wanted in Hertford County on 92 counts of disturbing gravesites. Police said they believe Dunlow stole brass vases and other ornaments from a cemetery, then sold the brass for scrap metal. Disturbing or desecrating gravesites is a Class l felony, according investigators.
Dunlow was jailed at the Pitt County Detention Center under a $28,000 secured bond.
The suspect has prior arrests for larceny, damage to property, various drug offenses, felony conspiracy, obtaining property by false pretense, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, police said.
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center
- Former President Bill Clinton taking bus tour through Greenville