GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A man wanted for allegedly desecrating almost 100 gravesites was caught in Pitt County, investigators said.
According to the Greenville Police Department, 32-year-old Derrick Dunlow, of Ahoskie, was arrested at a Golden Corral restaurant on Greenville Boulevard at about 8 p.m. Sunday.
Dunlow was wanted in Hertford County on 92 counts of disturbing gravesites. Police said they believe Dunlow stole brass vases and other ornaments from a cemetery, then sold the brass for scrap metal. Disturbing or desecrating gravesites is a Class l felony, according investigators.
Dunlow was jailed at the Pitt County Detention Center under a $28,000 secured bond.
The suspect has prior arrests for larceny, damage to property, various drug offenses, felony conspiracy, obtaining property by false pretense, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, police said.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo