GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - An accused heroin trafficker is being jailed under a quarter-million-dollar bond in Pitt County.
According to the Greenville Police Department, officers found 12 "bricks' (600 bindles) of heroin, along with 1,000 bags used for packaging heroin in the car of 34-year-old Troy Leroy Henninghan.
The Greenville man has been charged with trafficking heroin by possession, trafficking heroin by transportation, possession with intent to sell and deliver heroin, and maintaining a vehicle for controlled substances.
Police said Henninghan was booked in the Pitt County Detention Center on Wednesday under a $250,000 secured bond.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend