GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - An accused heroin trafficker is being jailed under a quarter-million-dollar bond in Pitt County.
According to the Greenville Police Department, officers found 12 "bricks' (600 bindles) of heroin, along with 1,000 bags used for packaging heroin in the car of 34-year-old Troy Leroy Henninghan.
The Greenville man has been charged with trafficking heroin by possession, trafficking heroin by transportation, possession with intent to sell and deliver heroin, and maintaining a vehicle for controlled substances.
Police said Henninghan was booked in the Pitt County Detention Center on Wednesday under a $250,000 secured bond.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo