CHATHAM COUNTY - The Charlotte division of the FBI announced Friday that a child that was kidnapped in 2006 will soon be reunited with his mother after missing for six years.
8-year-old Edwin Gonzalez was taken by his father, Jorge Sanchez-Aguilera and taken to Mexico. Aguilera was arrested in 2010 and was convicted on three counts of first degree kidnapping, one count of second degree kidnapping, and one count of first degree burglary.
Gonzalez is now back in the U.S. and is residing in Brownsville, TX.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday