ARAPAHOE, PAMLICO COUNTY - Pamlico County Deputies were on scene of a suspected methamphetamine lab after a man ran on foot from a routine traffic stop.
Authorities tell us that after 5 A.M Tuesday morning deputies stopped a car in Arapahoe that belonged to a missing person. When attempting to pull over the vehicle, around the 8600 block of Hwy. 306, Wesley Sykes, 29, ran on foot from deputies.
When leaving the vehicle Sykes allegedly dumped a green plastic 2-litre bottle that according to deputies was being used to cook methamphetamine in his car. Sykes was originally arrested on previous warrants in Craven County. He now will face charges of possession of methamphetamine, manufacturing of methamphetamine, as well as, drug paraphernalia charges.
The investigation is on-going this morning.
Stay with NewsChannel 12 as we get more details as they come in.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte