NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A couple is held at gunpoint while three gunmen steal items from their home. According to New Bern Police the robbery happened at Kensington Park Apartments in New Bern Sunday night.
Gregory Williams said he and his girlfriend opened the door thinking it was some they knew. He said that was not the case and they were confronted by three masked gunmen telling them to get on the ground.
"They told us to get on the ground, don't move. If you move we'll shoot you. It was just too scary. It was the scariest thing probably for both of our lives," Williams said.
He said the gunmen came busting into his apartment taking his new PlayStation 4, his phone, cash and a registered handgun.
"They had hoodies on so we couldn't really see their faces," Williams explained.
He said two men ransacked his home while the third held he and his girlfriend at gunpoint.
"Only thing going through my mind is don't shoot. Take it all, you can have whatever you want. That's what I was telling them," Williams said.
He said after the gunmen got what they wanted they ran from the apartment. Williams said he had saved about $800 to go see his family in Georgia for Christmas.
"I'm just here now. I don't have any way to get there. We saved for a long time," William said.
Investigators said no arrests have been made at this time.
- New Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte
- Manchester attack: Hunt for possible 2nd bomb under way