An Onslow County house is no longer a home, at least for now, after a lightning strike sparked a fire.
No one can live in the home, on the 300 block of Crystal Falls Court, until the damage is repaired.
Neighbors saw the lightning strike and called for help just after 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
The renter who lives at the home wasn't there at the time of the fire, according to Piney Green Volunteer Fire Department Chief Roy Hall.
Volunteer fire departments from Hubert, Pumpkin Center, and White Oak also responded.
No one was hurt.