Official: Grill mishap leads to house fire
Crews in New Bern responded to a house fire on Conner Grant Road.
Fire officials said the owner of the house was grilling outside when flames from that grill caught the house on fire. The fire spread to the home where, inside, they ignited an oxygen tank.
The oxygen tank exploded, quickly spreading the flames.
The couple and dogs made it out of the home OK.
Copyright 2012 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.