FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -

WPLG --

The Broward Medical Examiner's Office released the cause of death of the man who ate dozens of insects as part of a contest to win a python.

Edward Archbold, 32, died Oct. 6 after eating dozens of cockroaches and worms at Ben Siegel Reptiles in Deerfield Beach, Florida.

According to the ME, Archbold choked to death. Testing found that the body parts from the insects blocked his airway.

Laboratory tests for drugs came back negative.

The ME deemed Archbold's death an accident.