Home Catches Fire In New Bern
Fire officials said the fire started in the kitchen after the man who was remodeling the home was cooking lunch and using a frying pan.
This happened at 515 2nd Avenue in New Bern.
Crews got the call around 11:30 a.m. When they arrived smoke was coming out of the back of the home.
The fire was contained in the kitchen. Officials say there is at least 15,000 dollars worth of damage.
No one was injured in the fire.
Copyright 2012 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.