Grease fire displaces 2 families
Investigators said a grease fire gutted half a duplex displacing two fires.
Fire crews responded to the home on Liberty Street in Ayden around 7:15 p.m.
They said the fire gutted the left side of the duplex and nothing inside was salvageable.
Two families, three members in one, and two in the other, escaped the fire unharmed.
Fire crews are working with the housing authority and the Red Cross to find the families a place to stay.
Copyright 2012 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.