Fire erupts at couple's home, causing extensive damage
A couple escaped a house fire that caused more than $50,000 in damage, investigators said.
The blaze erupted at a home at 224 Pigeon Lane in Swansboro, at about 12:30 p.m. Thursday. Firefighters said the home, owned by Mr. and Mrs. Brice Lester, suffered about $35,000 in structural damage. In addition, the fire caused about $20,000 in damage to items inside.
The couple escaped the home without injuries. The fire was ruled as being accidental, caused by smoking material, investigators said.
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.