Fire burns through family's home
A morning fire burns through a Craven County family's home while they are away at church.
The Craven County fire marshall said the fire started in the bedroom of a house on the 1100 block of Kite Town Road in Vanceboro. The fire started after the family went to church sometime around 9:30 a.m.
Firefighters put out the blaze. It's unclear whether the house is a total loss or not. The bedroom area did sustain heavy smoke and fire damage.
Fire officials say the fire does not appear to be suspicious, but that it could've been electrical in nature. No one was hurt.
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.