Fire Marshal: Electrical wiring in attic causes fire
A late night fire forces one Greenville family out of their home, and fire investigators say wiring in the attic is to blame.
Officials received the call at 11:22 p.m. at 109 Elm Street. That's in Greenville, Pitt County.
Two adults and two children were displaced from the home, according to fire officials.
Greenville Fire Marshal Sam Smith conducted the fire investigation and concluded that electrical wiring in the attic area was to blame. The structure was considered a total loss.
Copyright 2012 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.