Chimney fire displaces resident
A Saturday afternoon fire left a local man not able to live at his home, at least for now.
The fire happened in Maysville about 1:30 p.m., a fire official said.
The scene was on Highway 17, near the intersection with 8th Street in the Jones County town.
A fire official says it was a chimney fire.
The chimney now needs to be cleaned, and because the wood-burning stove is the only source of heat in the home, the man who lives in the affected home is staying with family.
No one was hurt.
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.