Reports that Nakoula, who initially told the Wall Street Journal he was an Israeli, is a Coptic Christian have raised concerns about a possible backlash against the minority religious group in Egypt where tensions have emerged in recent years between Copts and Muslims.
Muslim and Coptic leaders were scheduled to hold a joint news conference Monday in Los Angeles to condemn violent reactions that have been playing out.
Targeting a press club in Pakistan
At least one person was killed Monday when protesters clashed with police in an anti-American demonstration in northwest Pakistan's tribal region along the Afghan border.
About 100 people took to the streets in a demonstration organized by university students in the Lower Dir district of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, police official Ehsanullah Ullah said.
The person was killed when police fired warning shots in the air to disperse protesters who were storming a local press club, he said. Authorities are investigating whether the death resulted from police bullet.
In Indonesia, protesters threw rocks and used slingshots to toss marbles at riot police outside the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta on Monday. Police responded with tear gas.
Blocking access to the movie trailer
Google India has blocked access to the movie trailer, India's external affairs spokesman Syed Akbaruddin's statement issued Sunday.
Should Google censor film?
"In connection with recent events we would like to reiterate that India has always strongly condemned all acts that disparage religious beliefs and hurt religious sentiments," Akbaruddin said.
"The ministry of external Affairs is in touch with US officials who share our conc"erns on the matter. Google India has, in compliance with Indian law, blocked access to the offensive material."
The move by Google India follows news last week YouTube restricted access to the controversial video.
The Afghan government has ordered an indefinite block of YouTube to prevent people there from watching the clips and staging violent protests.
More arrests in consulate attack in Libya
Libyan authorities made more arrests in connection with the attack on the consulate that left Stevens and three other Americans dead.
Mohamed al-Magariaf, the head of Libya's General National Congress, said Sunday that about 50 people have been arrested, though another senior government official said the number was not that high.
The official said as many as 50 people have been brought in for questioning but not all were detained. They were people who were at a protest outside the consulate but there was no indication yet that they took part in the violence, he said.
The latest arrests are in addition to four that Libyan authorities made Thursday.
U.S. officials believe extremists carried out the attack on the consulate in Benghazi, but that they did it after a spontaneous protest began outside the building, said Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.
The FBI is investigating the attack but has yet to enter the country because of volatility there. In the meantime, FBI agents are interviewing witnesses outside Libya, federal law enforcement officials said.
CNN's Nasir Habib, Reza Sayah, Jessica King, Chelsea J. Carter and Greg Botelho contributed to this report.