RALEIGH- - Police in Raleigh say a 9-year-old boy has died after he was pulled from a pool at an apartment complex.
A statement from the Raleigh Police Department said the boy died Saturday morning at WakeMed.
Authorities said emergency personnel responded to an apartment complex Friday afternoon after receiving reports of a drowning. They said the boy, whose name hasn't been released, was pulled from the pool, where he had been swimming with friends.
Emergency workers performed life-saving measures on the boy before he was taken to the hospital.
- Updated South Korea's THAAD missile defense system gets land swap approval
- Updated Warren Buffett: Red-hot market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- Updated Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas
- Updated Academy Awards kills off wrong person
- Updated Perez promises to be Trump's 'worst nightmare'