RALEIGH- - Police in Raleigh say a 9-year-old boy has died after he was pulled from a pool at an apartment complex.
A statement from the Raleigh Police Department said the boy died Saturday morning at WakeMed.
Authorities said emergency personnel responded to an apartment complex Friday afternoon after receiving reports of a drowning. They said the boy, whose name hasn't been released, was pulled from the pool, where he had been swimming with friends.
Emergency workers performed life-saving measures on the boy before he was taken to the hospital.
- Updated Apartment complex warns residents about clown trying to lure kids into woods
- Updated Poké Balls pop up in front of Target stores
- Updated Generic EpiPen coming for $300, as Mylan responds to outrage
- Updated Abedin, Weiner separating after new sexting allegations
- Fitbit unveils two new fitness trackers -- including waterproof version