RALEIGH- - Police in Raleigh say a 9-year-old boy has died after he was pulled from a pool at an apartment complex.
A statement from the Raleigh Police Department said the boy died Saturday morning at WakeMed.
Authorities said emergency personnel responded to an apartment complex Friday afternoon after receiving reports of a drowning. They said the boy, whose name hasn't been released, was pulled from the pool, where he had been swimming with friends.
Emergency workers performed life-saving measures on the boy before he was taken to the hospital.
- New Tornado warnings issued for Duplin, Tyrrell, Dare counties.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Seven Springs man dies after fight with detention officers