CRAVEN COUNTY - A tree removal service is what George Graham needed when a giant tree made itself at home on top of his house. He couldn't get to his front door and couldn't find help.
"One company I called they're gone away for the weekend. It's a large tree removal company. They're not available and it's a question of finding someone available," said Graham.
Jonathan Hannah of TCB Tree Service out of Vanceboro answered the call.
"Saw ya'll on the news at lunchtime. We called the station to get information about where it was," said Hannah.
The Grahams weren't rescued by a knight in a chariot being pulled by a white horse. It was more of a crew wearing orange t-shirts driving trucks.
"I come outside when I pulled up. He was standing in the yard. I asked him if he was Mr. Graham and I heard you can't find someone to cut your tree. He said, No everybody's gone. I told him we could take care of it," said Hannah.
They did. The Graham's front door is now clear of leaves and limbs. The hole in the roof is covered.
"I couldn't believe it because I was afraid we couldn't get anybody," said Graham.
The crew moves on to the house next door.
- Updated Women's golf tournament will stay at Trump-owned course -- for now
- New Self-driving truck hauls 51,744 cans of beer
- Updated Donald Trump says he will dramatically ramp up donations in final stretch of campaign
- Updated Administration pushes back on criticism of Obamacare rate hikes
- Updated Governor tours storm damage, celebrates openig of Neuse Sports Shop in Kinston