TYRRELL COUNTY - A 76-year-old Tyrrell County man is facing several drug-related felonies and other charges.
According to the Tyrrell County Sheriff's Office, 76-year-old Rudolph Collins was arrested Thursday after deputies searched his home in Columbia. They seized marijuana, pills and drug paraphernalia, as well as eight firearms-- including handguns, shotguns and rifles, the Sheriff's Office stated.
Collins has been charged with the following:
Felony possession of schedule VI controlled substance;
Felony possession with intent to sell and deliever schedule VI controlled substance; Maintaining a dwelling for the sale of controlled substance;
Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Collins was placed in the Washington County Detention Center on a $20,500 secured bond, according to the Sheriff's Office.
- Updated Beauty school abruptly closes all 79 campuses
- Updated Come show your support at "Get Your Pink On" in New Bern
- New Woman charged with fatally shooting husband is expected in court
- Sewer repairs prompt partial road closure in Jacksonville
- Gary Johnson struggles to name a world leader he respects