TYRRELL COUNTY - A 76-year-old Tyrrell County man is facing several drug-related felonies and other charges.
According to the Tyrrell County Sheriff's Office, 76-year-old Rudolph Collins was arrested Thursday after deputies searched his home in Columbia. They seized marijuana, pills and drug paraphernalia, as well as eight firearms-- including handguns, shotguns and rifles, the Sheriff's Office stated.
Collins has been charged with the following:
Felony possession of schedule VI controlled substance;
Felony possession with intent to sell and deliever schedule VI controlled substance; Maintaining a dwelling for the sale of controlled substance;
Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Collins was placed in the Washington County Detention Center on a $20,500 secured bond, according to the Sheriff's Office.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms