BEAUFORT COUNTY - A 70-year-old man was arrested during a traffic stop near Washington on Tuesday, according to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office.
Beaufort County deputies said Allen Lewis was driving erratically when they pulled him over on Highway 264 at about 1:30 a.m.
Upon speaking to the driver, the deputies learned that the driver did not have a license and the vehicle registration was expired. Deputies said they located assorted drug paraphernalia including syringes, smoking pipes, and plastic baggies during a search of the vehicle.
Lewis is charged with possession of heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia, no operators license, and expired registration.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Updated Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew