NEW BERN - CarolinaEast Medical Center in New Bern announced a $64 million expansion to its facilities over the next five years.
The expansion includes renovations to the hospital's women's and children's services, emergency department and surgical enhancements. Leslie Allen, Vice President of Facilities and Safety, said the decision reflects an n increase in patients over the past several years.
"This is the right thing to do for the people and the service area that we have."
Allen said a three-story tower will be built next to the hospital's main entrance. She said that will allow the hospital to make room to expand its women's and children's services and emergency department, giving patients and employees in those departments more room and comfort.
"We are providing a standard of care with these new facilities that we don't have today."
Groundbreaking on the tower is anticipated by the end of 2014. The entire expansion is expected to be complete by mid-2018.
- Updated Brooklyn's coolest hotels and hottest hangouts
- Updated Trump has 3,643 websites that range from TrumpEmpire.com to TrumpFraud.org
- Updated Snapchat Spectacles now for sale online
- Updated Angelina Jolie opens up about family after split with Brad Pitt
- Trump's promises hit Washington reality in first month