ONSLOW COUNTY - A wildlife official on Saturday was called to the scene of people gawking at a gator.
It happened Saturday afternoon in Onslow County, along Hwy. 172 near Winery Rd in the Sneads Ferry area.
The wildlife officer says drivers spotted a 6-foot gator, and pulled over to look at it.
The alligator then went into a culvert, as the people alerted people who live nearby.
No one was hurt and the alligator eventually left.
The officer says Onslow County is gator country, and alligators will not cause trouble unless provoked.
- New Second 15th Street widening project meeting slated for Monday
- New ECU to host four-day symposium focusing on migration issues
- Updated Crowds flock to Saudi Arabia's first Comic Con
- Updated Davis scores big in NBA All-Star Game
- Uber CEO orders 'urgent' investigation after sex harassment allegations