ONSLOW COUNTY - A wildlife official on Saturday was called to the scene of people gawking at a gator.
It happened Saturday afternoon in Onslow County, along Hwy. 172 near Winery Rd in the Sneads Ferry area.
The wildlife officer says drivers spotted a 6-foot gator, and pulled over to look at it.
The alligator then went into a culvert, as the people alerted people who live nearby.
No one was hurt and the alligator eventually left.
The officer says Onslow County is gator country, and alligators will not cause trouble unless provoked.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend