Eastern Carolina - The sound of heavy rain sounded through the night in eastern Carolina, bringing with it up to a half an inch of recorded precipitation by 7am.
The storm system pulling up the widespread rain will slowly push off the coast throughout the day. Rain won't officially skirt out of the region until about 3pm, with lingering clouds till nightfall.
Expect temperatures today to be much cooler inland than along beach locations. Highs near 50 near Rocky Mount and Greenville, Closer to the 56 degree mark near New Bern and Washington, 60 for some spots on the coast.
Sunday will feature more sunshine and highs around 58 degrees. Clouds quickly return through the day Monday with more overnight rain Monday night, lingering into Tuesday.
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Camp Lejeune reports death of Marine in Beulaville
- Updated NFL clears three more players in PEDs investigation
- Updated Kratom to join heroin, LSD on Schedule I drug list
- Updated Onslow County Sheriff's Office seeking missing person