CHARLOTTE - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have accused five teenagers in the shooting death of a high school junior, saying they thought the victim disrespected them in front of a girl.
The Charlotte Observer reports that the suspects, who range in age from 16 to 19, are charged with first-degree murder in the death of 17-year-old Kydaryune "K.C." Curry.
The five are in the Mecklenburg County jail. Bond was denied for one of the five. Another suspect had bond set at $1 million.
Benita Turner said her son and a friend were at her house Saturday when one of the teens arrived. She said there was an argument in front of the girl.
On Sunday, officers went to Curry's house after an SUV pulled up in front of the home and shot him.
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Updated Duplin County man arrested for drugs, guns and explosives
- Updated Viewer captures photos, video of manatees in Pine Knoll Shores
- Updated Bill Cosby is legally blind, according to defense attorneys
- Updated Stocks sink on Clinton email bombshell