JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Jacksonville residents are stepping into new buses to get around the city.
The city bought five new buses at $525,000.
90% of that money came from federal and state grants, according the Jacksonville Transportation Services Administrator.
The other 10% came from the city's general fund.
Three of the buses are replacing older ones.
The two other buses were bought to help expand service across Jacksonville.
There were over 11,000 new riders from 2011 to 2013.
- Updated Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens