HOLDEN BEACH, BRUNSWICK COUNTY - A fourth person has drowned off a Brunswick County beach, where the risk for rip currents remains high.
Brunswick County coroner Greg White says 57-year-old Randall Joyce, of Pfafftown, drowned Thursday in the surf off Holden Beach.
Brunswick County Emergency Services Director Anthony Marzano says Joyce was swimming with his wife and two adult children when the group got caught up in a rip current. He says all four were taken to a hospital, where Joyce was pronounced dead.
On Wednesday, one person drowned off Ocean Isle Beach and two off Sunset Beach, including 54-year-old District Court Judge Mitchell McLean.
The National Weather Service says a high rip current risk was in effect Friday for the coast of Brunswick County and Horry County, S.C., from North Myrtle Beach northward.
- Updated Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results