LEXINGTON - Investigators in Davidson County are trying to find $41,000 missing from an armored truck following a wreck on U.S. 52.
The Dispatch of Lexington reports that Brinks filed a report with the sheriff's office Tuesday night that said the money was missing from the truck. It was originally reported that all the money had been recovered.
The N.C. Highway Patrol said another car was changing lanes Monday night and hit the truck, sending it off the road and into an embankment. The truck overturned and spilled the money.
The two Brinks employees were taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem. A hospital spokeswoman said Michael Gerringer, 32, of Winston-Salem is in serious condition, and John Baldwin, 23, of Kernersville is in good condition.
- Updated Kinston teen receives national award
- Updated Kinston Zumba instructor wins award, gets studio makeover
- Updated Democrats: WH contact with FBI an 'outrageous breach'
- Vidant Beaufort Hospital sets visiting restrictions for children
- Mexican-born NASCAR driver Daniel Suarez in the Daytona 500 spotlight