JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Emergency crews treated four people for smoke inhalation Saturday during a factory fire in Jacksonville.
The scene was Stanadyne, on the 400 block of White Street, near the Highway 17 bypass.
Stanadyne builds engine parts at the factory.
Firefighters got the call to the plant just after 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
Jacksonville Fire Marshal John Reed says the fire actually started while workers were putting in a fire-suppression system.
Something went wrong in that process and sparked the flames.
Firefighters contained the blaze to one room, but the fire caused $100,000 worth of damage, Reed said.
Tthe plant will be shut down for at least three days, at a cost to the company of $250,000 per day, Reed said.
This was the 11th fire at the plant in the last two months, the numerous fires led to the installation of the new fire-suppression system, Reed said.
The four people who suffered smoke inhalation were treated at the scene and released.
- Updated Court sets September 13 deadline for Clinton FBI emails
- Updated Kinston welcomes professional baseball back to Grainger Stadium
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay
- Updated Trump: No legal status for undocumented immigrants