WILMINGTON - Four people are in custody in connection with the shooting death of a Cape Fear Community College student who was robbed of a sandwich, cellphone and $10.
The StarNews of Wilmington reports (http://bit.ly/UvG7fC ) the four suspects were in court for their first appearance Monday. They are each charged with felony first-degree murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon, and conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon.
District Attorney Ben David said the four went into downtown Wilmington last Thursday night to find targets to rob. They encountered Joshua Proutey, and one of the suspects demanded his wallet and anything else of value. Proutey gave the suspect his wallet and got back into his car. He was then shot in the head.
Three of the four are being held without bond.
- Updated Manchester attack: What we know and don't know
- Former Windsor police officer convicted for role in narcotics ring
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck