PITT COUNTY - Two teens and a toddler were rescued from a car that became submerged in a Pitt County pond Monday night.
The scene was north of Greenville, near Bethel.
According to the Highway Patrol, troopers got the call at about 8 p.m. Monday . When they arrived, they found a 19-year-old male, a 16-year-old girl and her 2-year-old niece on top of the car.
They were rescued without injuries.
Investigators said the vehicle was traveling northbound on Highway 11 when it crossed over the median into the southbound lane, then went into the pond. There is no word on what caused the car to run off the road.
No charges have been filed.
- Updated Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal
- Gingrich rebukes Trump for late-night Twitter rant
- Clinton improves edge over Trump in new national poll
- Dollar General facing $250K bill over 2 bottles of juice
- Weld 'not sure anybody is more qualified than Hillary Clinton' to be president