DUPLIN COUNTY - The National Weather Service confirms a tornado was in Duplin County Thursday, damaging at least three homes.
The NWS does not know the EF rating of that tornado, but said officials will probably determine it on Friday.
NewsChannel 12 know of three homes that were damaged in Duplin County.
A home at Brices Store Road and Earl Davis Road --just west of Rose Hill-- had parts of its roof torn off and thrown into the backyard. No one was inside the home at the time. A tree was uprooted and thrown into the backyard as well.
Also near Rose Hill, at Highway 117 and Rosemary Road, two other homes were damaged. One home had parts of its roof torn off (shown in the video player above).
At another home across the street, a large tree snapped in half in the front yard. That residence suffered minimal damage. No one was injured.
Viewer Tony English took photos of the damage at Highway 117 and Rosemary Road. The photos can be seen in the links below:
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today