SURF CITY, ONSLOW COUNTY - Police said they have arrested a second suspect after an Onslow County bar fight that injured a Marine enough to require surgery.
The Surf City Police Department said Camp Lejeune Marine Daniel M. Oczkowski Jr., 21, was charged Tuesday with accessory after the fact. He was being held in the Onslow County Jail on a $10,000 secured bond.
The charge stems from a bar fight at the Sandbar Saloon at 1713 N. New River Dr. in Surf City on May 11.
According to police, 20-year-old PFC Joseph Bruce Henry, a soldier from Riverside, NJ, who is stationed at Fort Bragg, assaulted 25-year-old Marine Elliot Stamschror at the bar.
Stamschror's jaw was fractured and many of his teeth were knocked out, requiring surgery, said investigators.
Henry also assaulted a woman who was with Stamschror, police said.
Henry is charged with assault inflicting serious bodily injury and assault on a female, said police. He was placed in the Onslow County Jail under a $30,000 bond.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating