Hickory, N.C. - The former boys basketball coach at Hickory High School is facing new charges.
Authorities say 38-year-old Shawnacie Antoine Johnson was charged Monday with five counts of taking indecent liberties with a child.
Police arrested Johnson last month and charged him with four counts of statutory rape from incidents in 2007 and 2008 and one charge of sexual activity with a student by a teacher from a 2009 incident.
Authorities say the indictment handed down Monday stems from a second alleged victim. Johnson is set to appear in court October 1.
Johnson was a physical education coach and wide receivers coach in football in addition to being the head coach of the basketball team. Police say both accusers had been his students.
Hickory City Schools reported the allegations in May.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew