FARMVILLE, PITT COUNTY - It's been two years since the deadly shooting on April 1, 2012 that killed three family members working at a convenience store in Pitt County.
24-year-old gaber alawi, 26-year-old Nabil Nasser Saeed Al'mogannahi, and 16-year-old Mokbel "Sam" Mohamed Almujanahi were killed inside the Hustle Mart in Farmville.
Sam was a student at Farmville Central High School.
Deputies said the shooting was part of an armed robbery at the store.
Antwan Anthony, Xavier Shamble, Willie Whitehead, and Raekwon Blount were each charged with three counts of first-degree murder.
Whitehead was also charged for allegedly plotting to kidnap and kill Pitt County Sheriff Neil Elks, his wife and a child of a prosecuting assistant district attorney.
Several suspects in the shooting are scheduled to be in court next week.
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Greater New Bern Business Expo attracts thousands
- Updated Five years since Hurricane Irene made landfall in Eastern Carolina
- Updated Funeral for mother and three children murdered in Greenville
- In presidential elections, size doesn't always matter