ONSLOW COUNTY - Troopers say an early morning wreck on Sunday has left two dead. It happened on Highway 17, near Highway 210, just South of Jacksonville.
Troopers say 29 year-old Juan Torres of Wilmington was driving his Toyota Celica north on 17 at around 3 a.m. when he crossed the median and struck a southbound vehicle head-on.
Troopers say Torres, the only occupant of the northbound vehicle, was killed. There were three occupants inside the southbound vehicle, a Dodge Charger. Troopers say 21 year-old Rossio Jordan, a passenger in the back seat of the Dodge, was killed. Jordan was the wife of U.S. Marine and mother of a three year-old, according to Troopers.
Troopers say Jordan was in the car with two Marines from Camp Lejeune: 24 year-old Christopher Brown, who was driving, and 26 year-old Juan Ruiz, a passenger in the front seat. Brown and Ruiz were transported to New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Their conditions are unknown at this time.
- Updated U.K. approves crucial third runway at London's Heathrow
- Updated Judge approves Volkswagen's $15B emissions settlement
- Updated NBA: 10 big predictions for the new season
- Updated Drinking two sweetened drinks per day? You could be doubling your risk of diabetes
- Updated Rain expected from Upper Midwest to New England