ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. - Authorities say two men have been charged with murder in the killing of a man outside of a Rocky Mount convenience store.
Police say 22-year-old Clayton Epps was leaving the store in his car late Wednesday when two men tried to rob him. Investigators say the suspects fired several shots at Epps as he tried to get away and the victim died after crashing into some trees.
Authorities say 25-year-old Tyrone Foreman and 24-year-old Jermale Avent were arrested Thursday are charged with murder and attempted armed robbery. Both are being held in the Edgecombe County jail without bond and it wasn't known if they had attorneys.
Police are asking several people who were in the store to come forward and tell investigators what they saw.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Trump: I'd 'love' to fight Biden
- Updated Trump campaign manager: We are vetting people for Trump's cabinet
- Updated Posting ballot selfies: Personal choice or illegal act?
- Trayvon Martin unmentioned as Trump talks of blacks getting shot in the city he died in