NEAR STOKES, PITT COUNTY - Troopers are investigating an accident that left three people injured.
The collision happened Thursday evening near the town of Stokes at the intersection of Cherry Run Road and Sheppard Mill Road. That's on the border of Martin and Pitt Counties.
Troopers say a car had stopped at a stop sign on Sheppard Mill Road. The car did not see a Chevy Tahoe going northbound on Cherry Run Road. The car pulled out in front of the Tahoe and was hit on the passenger side.
Officials say the car sustained heavy passenger side damage. The SUV had damage to the front end. It was pulling a trailer with a motorcycle on it and troopers say the bike was also damaged.
The driver of the car, 23-year-old Zshamiecha Bynum, from Greenville, was charged with failing to yield at a stop sign.
The two passengers in the SUV, along with Bynum were taken to Vidant Medical Center with minor injuries.
Troopers do not believe alcohol was involved.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday