OAK CITY, MARTIN COUNTY - Deputies have arrested two suspects accused of an armed robbery at a Family Dollar in Martin County.
According to the Martin County Sheriff's Office, 18-year-old Lewis Tsonyian James Jr., of Robersonville, and 16-year-old Tyler Jamaal Bridgers, of Oak City, have been charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon. They are each being held on a $100,000 bond.
Deputies said the two suspects robbed the Family Dollar at 207 N.C. 11 in Oak City Monday night. The suspects were armed with what appeared to be shotguns and demanded money from the cashiers, said investigators.
No shots were fired and no injuries were reported, deputies said.
- Updated Clinton subject of new Trump campaign apparel
- Updated Judge blocks UNC from enforcing 'bathroom bill' against 3 plaintiffs
- Updated Facebook ditches humans in favor of algorithms for trending news
- What has changed since the WDBJ shooting one year ago
- Calls grow for U.S. government to spend more