CLAYTON, N.C. - Two people have been charged in a deadly shooting during a New Year's Party in Clayton.
Johnson County Sheriff Steve Bizzell says 35-year-old Monteese Sharick Ray has been charged with first-degree murder and was jailed without bond. Twenty-nine-year-old Marcellus Carlyle Sinclair was being held on $9 million bond on two counts of attempted murder.
Authorities say Ray shot and killed 19-year-old Daniel Laboy Jr. in the parking lot of an American Legion building at around 2 a.m. Tuesday. Sinclair is accused of shooting and injuring two others.
Investigators haven't given a motive for the shootings.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend