PITT COUNTY - A man was being held in the Pitt County Detention Center Thursday on an attempted murder charge.
Darrell Mitchell, 23, was arrested Wednesday, according to jail records. He faces several charges, including two counts of attempted murder and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.
No other details on the alleged crime were released. Mitchell's bond was set at more than $1,000,000, records stated.
The suspect was scheduled to appear in court Thursday morning.
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Updated Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn