CARTERET COUNTY - Deputies have arrested an 18-year-old accused of kidnapping and assaulting his pregnant juvenile ex-girlfriend.
According to the Carteret County Sheriff's Office, 18-year-old Aaron Dean Brock, of Newport, is accused of punching and kicking his pregnant ex-girlfriend's stomach. Her name is being withheld because she is a juvenile, said investigators.
Brock also displayed a knife and held his pregnant ex-girlfriend against her will while assaulting her, the Sheriff's Office added.
The incident occurred on Clements Drive in the Riverwoods subdivision of Newport, said investigators. Warrants were obtained on Aug. 22.
We talked to some of Brock's family members who were surprised to hear bout his legal troubles.
Detectives said Brock fled Carteret County after the alleged crimes. On Thursday, deputies in Rowan County arrested the suspect.
Brock has been charged with second-degree kidnapping, assault on an unborn child, two counts of assault on a female, and communicating threats, the Sheriff's Office said.
The suspect was placed in the Rowan County Jail under a $10,000 bond. His first court appearance in Carteret County has not been set.
There is no word on a motive for the alleged crimes. Investigators did not say how the suspect's pregnant ex-girlfriend is doing now.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew