SPIVEY'S CORNER, N.C. - A 13-year-old boy from Spivey's Corner has died after losing control of his all-terrain vehicle.
David Tanner of the North Carolina Highway Patrol told the Fayetteville Observer (http://bit.ly/PjGedc) that Mackinley Waters died after he was thrown from his ATV on Friday afternoon. The boy was pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say two other children, ages 12 and 13, were also riding the ATV.
Visitation and funeral services were planned for Monday morning at First Baptist Church in Dunn.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- New Bus driver charged in Greenville Boulevard crash that killed man