WADESBORO, ANSON COUNTY - Police in Wadesboro say a 13-month-old girl has died of injuries she received in a head-on collision on Christmas Day.
According to police, Alexis Machon Hooper was in the 2007 Volkswagen Jetta heading west on U.S. 74 when it apparently crossed the center line and collided with a Dodge Intrepid. Police are continuing their investigation into the accident.
Officer John Levine said the child's parents and three others were taken to Anson Community Hospital with serious injuries before transferring to Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte.
Levine said Thursday Alex Hooper was listed in good condition and Kelsey Hooper is in critical condition.
The driver of the Dodge was treated at Anson Community and released. His wife also went to Carolinas Medical Center for treatment and was released.
- Updated Women's golf tournament will stay at Trump-owned course -- for now
- New Self-driving truck hauls 51,744 cans of beer
- Updated Donald Trump says he will dramatically ramp up donations in final stretch of campaign
- Updated Administration pushes back on criticism of Obamacare rate hikes
- Updated Governor tours storm damage, celebrates openig of Neuse Sports Shop in Kinston