CLINTON, SAMPSON COUNTY - A 12-year-old Duplin County girl and a Pender County man were killed in a wreck in Sampson County.
North Carolina Highway Patrol Sgt. Bryan Smith said 12-year-old Angeles Salazar, of Rose Hill, and 37-year-old Aldaberto Rodriguez, of Burgaw, died in the wreck on U.S. 421 late Saturday afternoon.
Smith said Salazar was one of three young people in an SUV that crossed the center line and collided with a truck driven by Rodriguez.
Rodriguez died at the scene. Smith said Salazar died at Sampson Regional Medical Center.
The driver of the SUV and one of the young people were taken to University of North Carolina Hospitals in Chapel Hill. The third young person was treated and released from Sampson Regional.
Smith said the wreck is still under investigation.
- Updated Women's golf tournament will stay at Trump-owned course -- for now
- Updated Self-driving truck hauls 51,744 cans of beer
- Updated Donald Trump says he will dramatically ramp up donations in final stretch of campaign
- Updated Administration pushes back on criticism of Obamacare rate hikes
- Updated Governor tours storm damage, celebrates openig of Neuse Sports Shop in Kinston