CLINTON, SAMPSON COUNTY - A 12-year-old Duplin County girl and a Pender County man were killed in a wreck in Sampson County.
North Carolina Highway Patrol Sgt. Bryan Smith said 12-year-old Angeles Salazar, of Rose Hill, and 37-year-old Aldaberto Rodriguez, of Burgaw, died in the wreck on U.S. 421 late Saturday afternoon.
Smith said Salazar was one of three young people in an SUV that crossed the center line and collided with a truck driven by Rodriguez.
Rodriguez died at the scene. Smith said Salazar died at Sampson Regional Medical Center.
The driver of the SUV and one of the young people were taken to University of North Carolina Hospitals in Chapel Hill. The third young person was treated and released from Sampson Regional.
Smith said the wreck is still under investigation.
- New Campaign manager points to 'undercover Trump vote' in polling gap
- Updated Maternal deaths down globally, up in US
- Updated Flight delayed over bizarre crew member tiff
- Updated Family Dollar store robbed at gunpoint, suspect on the loose
- Updated Closest potentially habitable planet to our solar system found