CHARLOTTE, MECKLENBURG COUNTY - An 11-year-old North Carolina boy has been charged in the death of a 7-month-old baby.
Charlotte Police announced Thursday that the 11-year-old is facing felony child abuse in the death of 7-month-old Camden Johnson, whose funeral was Friday, according to WSOC.
The 7-month-old's mother, Wendy Johnson, was also arrested in the child's death. Johnson has been charged with felony child abuse and involuntary manslaughter.
Police said Johnson left her 7-month-old son alone with the 11-year-old at her home on Suntrace Way in northwest Charlotte over the weekend. The 11-year-old then caused fatal injuries to the infant, investigators said.
Police said they interviewed the 11-year-old, but did not discuss details.
The deceased baby's grandmother told WSOC that the 11-year-old suspect was jealous of the infant. According to the grandmother, when the baby cried, the 11-year-old child intentionally dropped him on the floor three times.
A child less than 13 years old cannot be charged as an adult. The 11-year-old is in the custody of family members.
For more information, visit WSOC.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend