CHARLOTTE, MECKLENBURG COUNTY - An 11-year-old North Carolina boy has been charged in the death of a 7-month-old baby.
Charlotte Police announced Thursday that the 11-year-old is facing felony child abuse in the death of 7-month-old Camden Johnson, whose funeral was Friday, according to WSOC.
The 7-month-old's mother, Wendy Johnson, was also arrested in the child's death. Johnson has been charged with felony child abuse and involuntary manslaughter.
Police said Johnson left her 7-month-old son alone with the 11-year-old at her home on Suntrace Way in northwest Charlotte over the weekend. The 11-year-old then caused fatal injuries to the infant, investigators said.
Police said they interviewed the 11-year-old, but did not discuss details.
The deceased baby's grandmother told WSOC that the 11-year-old suspect was jealous of the infant. According to the grandmother, when the baby cried, the 11-year-old child intentionally dropped him on the floor three times.
A child less than 13 years old cannot be charged as an adult. The 11-year-old is in the custody of family members.
For more information, visit WSOC.
- Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- New labels warn against mixing opioids, benzodiazepines
- Mark Zuckerberg's visit gives Nigerian startups much-needed boost
- Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father-in-law