CAPE HATTERAS - Only one proper bid has been submitted for a light tower 13 miles off Cape Hatteras.
The Virginia Pilot of Norfolk. Va., reported a company called Zap Technology bid $ 17,000 for the Diamond Shoals Light Tower by Friday's deadline.
The minimum bid for the surplus property was $ 15,000.
Louis Mancuso with the General Services Administration says no decision has been made on awarding the contract for the purchase. But Mancuso says a decision is expected by the end of the week.
The station has 5,000 square feet of living quarters including five bedrooms, a kitchen, an office and storage space.
- Updated Spurned again in DNC vote, progressives threaten revolt
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Updated Trump declines to attend White House correspondents' dinner
- Judge rules against dismissing charges against Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
- Fire reported in old Calypso Fire Station