CAPE HATTERAS - Only one proper bid has been submitted for a light tower 13 miles off Cape Hatteras.
The Virginia Pilot of Norfolk. Va., reported a company called Zap Technology bid $ 17,000 for the Diamond Shoals Light Tower by Friday's deadline.
The minimum bid for the surplus property was $ 15,000.
Louis Mancuso with the General Services Administration says no decision has been made on awarding the contract for the purchase. But Mancuso says a decision is expected by the end of the week.
The station has 5,000 square feet of living quarters including five bedrooms, a kitchen, an office and storage space.
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings