CAPE HATTERAS - Only one proper bid has been submitted for a light tower 13 miles off Cape Hatteras.
The Virginia Pilot of Norfolk. Va., reported a company called Zap Technology bid $ 17,000 for the Diamond Shoals Light Tower by Friday's deadline.
The minimum bid for the surplus property was $ 15,000.
Louis Mancuso with the General Services Administration says no decision has been made on awarding the contract for the purchase. But Mancuso says a decision is expected by the end of the week.
The station has 5,000 square feet of living quarters including five bedrooms, a kitchen, an office and storage space.
- Updated Martin Shkreli auctions punch to the face
- New Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated 'Cat man' of Aleppo takes in hundreds of abandoned cats
- Updated Gutierrez: 'Women are watching' Donald Trump's Miss Universe issue
- End of an era: BlackBerry will stop making its own phones